29 October 2007

On Saturday, Ryan and I went to a friend’s house to watch game three of the World Series. In addition to bringing beer and cracker jacks, I wanted to make something to bring along. I had had a productive day and I was feeling very creative. After a bit of Internet perusing, I decided on a batch of simple sugar cookies... with a twist.

Naturally, I think of hot dogs and beer when I think of baseball. I knew there would be enough beer, even calzones and hot pretzels, but the evening would be lacking hot dogs!

The simple sugar cookie dough (butter, confectioner's sugar, flour, and vanilla extract) was the perfect medium with which to sculpt these pups. And to my utter delight, the test dog didn't lose any shape in the oven. After about 15 minutes at 350 degrees, and some time to cool, I finished the dogs with a stripe of mustard (yellow frosting.) Unfortunately, we were runnning late (no surprise there!) and I didn't get the chance to snap a photo of the frosted cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment