28 October 2007

“Four months, tops,” Brooke advised as we walked from the chapel. She was recommending that I plan my own wedding in less than a year and a half. I guess a year and a half provides ample time to agonize over the details. But in Steven and Brooke’s case, each moment of careful consideration shined on their wedding day. The worry, the stress, and the occasional meltdown were absolutely worth it.

What impressed me most was that both Steven and Brooke’s personalities were evident throughout the entire evening: from the ceremony where Brooke delivered the most heartfelt vows, bringing the entire chapel to tears, to the reception where each guest was given a soundtrack and a hand-bound program. The food, the service, the beautiful location, it was spectacular.

And while time might soften my memory of the finer features of the day, the new friends and family that I have gained and the rekindled relationships with relatives will always be remembered.

Photos will be posted shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment