30 September 2010

From Chinese immigration we went straight to the printing plant. We spent a few hours working before we had a break to check into our hotel. When we arrived at the Grand City Hotel, we had only a few minutes to put our bags in our rooms before we had to head back to work.

I went up to my room, and instead of returning to the lobby immediately, I took a quick look around. I walked to the window to check out the view...



I looked in the closet to see if there was a complimentary robe and slippers (yes and yes); I also spotted this handy smoke hood (in case of a fire):



And then I strolled through the bathroom. There were all sorts of goods laid out on the counter: Two dental kits, a sewing kit, a nice comb, cotton swabs... the standards. Then I noticed a basket full of toiletries. The first thing to catch my eye was a dehydrated towel (Aptly named the "Magic Towel.") I've seen things like this in novelty stores...but before I got excited about my free towel, I noticed a price on it.


(photo obtained from the internet - as you can see, this is not the "Magic Towel" that I had in my room)

Realizing I might be late getting back, I returned to the lobby without looking at anything else in the basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment