15 September 2007

It was impossible not to think of the coming season today. The direct sun still warm, but the shadows cool, and the air stirred with a crisp breeze. There are a few things that will always remind me of autumn, my most cherished season. And though we are still eight days from its dawn, today I prematurely welcomed in the season with each of them.

Ever since our first autumn in New Orleans, on a day much like today, donning the first sweater since winter, I sat with Ryan outside PJs where I savored a chai tea (did you know that in many languages chai means tea? My friend Husam brought this to my attention and now each time I say chai tea I laugh at its redundancy). In honor of that beautiful day, and turn of the season, Ryan and I walked over to Caribou Coffee for a chai latte.

The cool weather whets my appetite for soups, stews, and everything squash! So, we’ve had Creole gumbo simmering all afternoon, I purchased my first squash of 2007, and I just cracked my first pumpkin ale.

Ahh, pumpkin ale.

Most of you know that I am a sucker for anything and everything pumpkin! Each autumn I work with passion and dedication to consume as much pumpkin-inspired fare as possible. The list topper (as always and without question): beer. I am currently working on a new blog that highlights my search for the great pumpkin– my own personal spinoff! My Rhoda, to The Mary Tyler Moore Show, my Joannie Loves Chachie to Happy Days, my Jeffersons to All in the Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment