13 October 2010

Entry from travel diary:

September 8, 2010
Grand City Hotel
5:15 am

Yesterday when we were leaving the plant for lunch, I was staring out of the van window in a daze. My eyes weren't focused on anything in particular... I was tired and spaced out. I came to my senses when I inadvertently found myself making eye-contact with a man lounging underneath a tractor-trailer truck.

Container trucks are often parked outside the plant being loaded or unloaded with pallets of books that are bound for the shipyard. But I was shocked when I saw this man suspended in a hammock that was tied up between the truck and the container. Later, while we were on the road, I saw a hammock hanging underneath the container itself. Luckily, there was no one in it.

Here is a photo that illustrates the general idea..


This photo does not belong to me. This photo is courtesy panamvan.blogspot.com and was taken in Honduras, not China.

No comments:

Post a Comment