28 September 2010

On Saturday, September 4, 2010 I flew from Baltimore to Chicago where I made my connection to the 16-hour flight to Hong Kong. Both flights were uneventful. The flight to Hong Kong inched by with each hour feeling like an eternity. To the surprise of many, this United airplane was not outfitted with individual television monitors, but with group screens. The movies shown were:

The Back-Up Plan with Jennifer Lopez (mediocre)
The Joneses with Demi Moore and David Ducovny (so bad I couldn’t get through it)
Iron Man 2 (it got boring, I didn’t watch it all)
Just Wright with Queen Latifah (slept through it)

I arrived in Hong Kong on time on Sunday, September 5, 2010 around 5:30pm.
After collecting my bags I took the Airport Express train into Hong Kong. For $19 it was a great choice: so clean, on time, quiet, cool. It beat the $50 taxi Ryan and I took when he arrived.

After a quick shower at the hotel, I met Sarah, who had arrived from London earlier that day, and we went out for dinner.

1 comment:

  1. I am afraid that individual televisions are becoming a thing of the past. I find them on fewer and fewer planes. And the past few times I've flown across the country (5+ hour) flights, we don't even get group televisions. Nothing. Glad you survived.

    ReplyDelete