19 March 2009

It's finally time for the NCAA tournament. I look forward to this every year. In July, I'm already pining for March.  

Being a natural gambler, I am quick to fill out my bracket and I religiously monitor my progress and that of my competitors.  I have scoreboards ticking away on espn.com at all hours of the day, and while at work, I quietly cheer for my picks.  Most of the early games take place during the work day and it is a good thing they do.  

I am a sucker for the underdog.  The minute I start to watch a powerhouse team walk all over a team like American University, I secretly start to pull for the little guy. So here I am, glued to the games, hoping my bracket prevails, but secretly wishing for an upset. Maybe just once...but certainly not against of my favorite teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment